Carpet cleaning provides several important benefits including:
- Prolonging the useful life of the carpeting materials. Dirt in the carpet acts similarly to sandpaper, effectively destroying the carpet fibers.
- Maintaining a healthy atmosphere. Carpeting acts as a filter to maintain air quality. Cleaning this “filter” helps to eliminate trapped pollutants, clear out dust mite infestations, and prevent mold growth.
- Improving the appearance of the facility. This needs no explanation.
Regular maintenance is important for commercial carpeting because the fabric found in professional settings is made to handle much more foot traffic than residential floors. This increased foot traffic soils the fabric quickly, and regular intervention is needed to keep things from becoming unhealthy.
Floor coverings found in professional settings are often better at hiding soiled areas. And, because there is more room to cover, it is not always clear where the highest traffic zones are located.
The first critical component in programmed maintenance and cleaning is routine vacuuming. Carpet serves as a “sink” or collection point for everything that is tracked in or settles out of the air. Even the most well-maintained carpet must be thoroughly cleaned to empty that “sink.”
Once a detailed layout of the building is put together and the points of concern are flagged, we design a customized Maintance Plan. This plan can be broken down into Three levels of action: preventative, daily and intermittent.
- Preventative treatment can include matting on the exterior and interior sides of all doors and daily vacuuming.
- Daily treatment should include vacuuming all high traffic areas as well as periodic vacuuming of edges, corners, and underneath furniture and other accessible areas.
- Intermittent treatment requires deep extraction of soiling. This can be semi-annually, or monthly for high traffic zones. Deep removal requires hot water extraction with a light detergent. Deodorizing substances and barriers that prevent future stains may also be used.
Our company specializes in business flooring and we have vacuums and hot water collectors that are a bit bigger and more powerful than those for residential use. These machines are better calibrated for larger spaces and heavier traffic areas.
We typically perform the carpet cleaning at night when all occupants have vacated the building to insure that the carpeting is both clean and dry when occupants return in the morning. We will move and replace chair pads, chairs and other moveable items as needed as well.
Your carpet is our concern and we want your workspace to be as clean as possible, so that you can focus on your business.